INTRODUCING INCREDIBLE NEW PERKS:
A $500 signing bonus for Team Leaders for select sites throughout the Peninsula region
Love working with and having an impact on kids? Have loads of energy and stamina? Interested in education and project-based learning? Ready to take your group management skills to the next level in an amazingly fun summer job?
Team Leaders are the single most consistent presence in the experience of each Camp Galileo camper, and so have the greatest potential impact on each camper’s summer. This responsibility requires careful attention to the physical and emotional safety of each and every individual camper within a team, and to the overall development and formation of the group as a whole.
Galileo’s mission is to develop innovators who envision and create a better world. We know it’s bold. We also know that we can’t achieve it without asking staff to be role models of an innovator’s mindset—visionary, courageous, collaborative, determined and reflective. It’s not always easy. Camp staffers work hard. Very hard. You can expect days in which there’s a ton to get done and not a ton of time to do it. But part of what makes our culture great is that no one is too proud to complete any task that needs doing. This isn’t your average summer recreation gig. Galileans are expected to take ownership of their own performance and make this place better every day. People with a can-do attitude thrive here and those with a victim mentality don't. And we manage to keep this level of performance expectation high in a relaxed environment; we take our work, but not ourselves, seriously. You don’t have to be an actor, musician, or know stupid human tricks to work for us. But you have to be willing to jump into a skit or song or dance at a variety show. You’ve got to know what it means to be a vital part of a team. You’ve got to want to grow. You’ve got to like to have fun at work. You have to smile – a lot – and you have to like to laugh. After all, we run summer camps. You get the point.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Lead your team of up to 18 campers throughout the week to art, science and outdoor rotations
• Provide leadership, energy and camp spirit for campers, constantly assessing group dynamics and the needs of individual campers
• Assist Lead Instructors in the classroom as they deliver curriculum to your team of campers
• Set, work towards, and achieve measurable professional development goals
• Support camper check-in and check-out processes
• Provide excellent customer service to families by communicating with them on a daily basis about their camper’s experience
• Write daily updates to families and weekly camper certificates
• Assist with daily set up and clean-up of camp and assist instructors with lesson preparation
• Support morning and afternoon extended care program including check in, check out, and leading camper activities
• Contribute to and participate in daily opening and closing ceremonies, all-camp activities, and snack & lunch supervision and programming
Team Leader positions fill quickly on a rolling basis. Apply or learn more today: http://www.galileo-camps.com/jobs/summer-jobs/team-leader
• Commitment to educational programming for children
• Flexibility to meet changing work needs and demands
• Ability to work collaboratively on a high-functioning team
• Openness to feedback and desire to grow professionally
• Ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently and accurately
• Strong organization skills and attention to detail
• Ability to communicate clearly, maturely and compassionately with families
• Ability to maintain an excellent work ethic, a high level of energy and exceptional enthusiasm all day, every day, for up to 10 weeks
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
• Upper-level high school student, college student or graduate
• Demonstrated leadership experience
• Experience working with kids or in a camp setting a plus
• Sixteen years old by your camp’s first day of operation, with a work permit valid thru August 2015 (if under 18)
Ready to work hard, play hard, inspire, and contribute?
Galileo is currently accepting applications for over 1,200 summer positions. Our hiring process is competitive, and positions fill quickly on a rolling basis.
APPLY TODAY at http://www.galileo-camps.com/jobs/summer-jobs/
Contact: Galileo Outreach
Email: Galileo Outreach Website: http://www.galileo-camps.com
AboutJobs.com does not guarantee the validity or accuracy of the job information posted in this database. It is the job seeker's responsibility to independently review all posting companies, contracts and job offers.
GoNannies.com - Quickly find a nanny or nanny job in your area through the nation's most trusted online source for nannies, sitters, senior caregivers, and housekeepers.