Galileo Learning, now in our 14th year, is an innovation-focused education company which runs four summer programs at over 40 sites throughout the Bay Area and Los Angeles. Our mission is to develop innovators who envision and create a better world, and we reach this mission through our unique pedagogy, the Galileo Innovation Approach. We nurture creativity, curiosity and expression in campers, and believe in giving staff the opportunity to contribute their strengths toward the success of a program and company invested in their personal and professional growth.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Become familiar with curriculum for majors in which you will assist
• Assist Lead Instructors in delivering curriculum, learning skills necessary to be an effective and successful educator
• Provide leadership, energy and camp spirit for campers, constantly assessing group dynamics and the needs of individual campers
• Set, work towards, and achieve measurable professional development goals
• Support camper check-in and check-out processes
• Provide excellent customer service to parents by communicating with them on a daily basis about their camper’s experience
• Assist with daily set up and clean-up of camp and assist Instructors with lesson preparation
• Contribute to and participate in daily opening and closing ceremonies, all-camp activities, and snack & lunch supervision and programming
Learn more and apply at our website:
• Commitment to educational programming for children
• Flexibility to meet changing work needs and demands
• Ability to work collaboratively on a high-functioning team
• Openness to feedback and desire to grow professionally
• Ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently and accurately
• Strong organization skills and attention to detail
• Ability to communicate clearly, maturely and compassionately with parents
• Ability to maintain an excellent work ethic, a high level of energy and exceptional enthusiasm all day, every day, for up to 8 weeks
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
• Upper-level high school student, college student or graduate
• Demonstrated leadership experience
• Experience working with kids or in a camp setting a plus
Ready to work hard, play hard, inspire, and contribute?
Galileo is currently accepting applications for over 1,200 summer positions. Our hiring process is competitive, and positions fill quickly on a rolling basis.
APPLY TODAY at http://www.galileo-camps.com/jobs/summer-jobs/
Contact: Viva Asmelash
1021 3rd Street
Oakland, CA, United States 94607
Email: Viva Asmelash Website: http://www.galileo-camps.com
AboutJobs.com does not guarantee the validity or accuracy of the job information posted in this database. It is the job seeker's responsibility to independently review all posting companies, contracts and job offers.
GoNannies.com - Quickly find a nanny or nanny job in your area through the nation's most trusted online source for nannies, sitters, senior caregivers, and housekeepers.