INTRODUCING INCREDIBLE NEW PERKS:
A $500 signing bonus for Assistant Instructors for select sites throughout the California PENINSULA and ORANGE COUNTY regions
Ready to learn the skills of exceptional educators in an amazingly fun summer job? Excited to become a quasi-expert in specific subject-matter? Love working with and having an impact on kids?
Through their role in the classroom, Assistant Instructors ignite a spark of learning for individual campers and small groups, helping to bring the Galileo Innovation Approach to life. Assistant Instructors are also often responsible for culture-building in the camp schedule, and spend much of their “work” time having a great time.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Become familiar with curriculum for majors/classes in which you will assist
• Assist Lead Instructors in delivering curriculum, learning skills necessary to be an effective and successful educator
• Provide leadership, energy and camp spirit, constantly assessing group dynamics and the needs of individual campers
• Set, work towards, and achieve measurable professional development goals
• Support camper check-in and check-out processes
• Provide excellent customer service to parents by communicating with them on a daily basis about their camper’s experience
• Assist with daily set up and cleanup of camp and assist instructors with lesson preparation
• Support morning and afternoon extended care program including check in, check out, and leading camper activities
• Contribute to and participate in daily opening and closing ceremonies, all-camp activities, and snack & lunch supervision and programming
Assistant Instructor positions fill quickly on a rolling basis. Learn more and apply at our website: http://www.galileo-camps.com/jobs/summer-jobs/assistant-instructor
• Commitment to educational programming for children
• Flexibility to meet changing work needs and demands
• Ability to work collaboratively on a high-functioning team
• Openness to feedback and desire to grow professionally
• Ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently and accurately
• Strong organization skills and attention to detail
• Ability to communicate clearly, maturely and compassionately with families
• Ability to maintain an excellent work ethic, a high level of energy and exceptional enthusiasm all day, every day, for up to 10 weeks
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
• Upper-level high school student, college student or graduate
• Demonstrated leadership experience
• Experience working with kids or in a camp setting a plus
• Sixteen years old by your camp’s first day of operation, with a work permit valid thru August 2015 (if under 18)
Ready to work hard, play hard, inspire, and contribute?
Galileo is currently accepting applications for over 1,200 summer positions. Our hiring process is competitive, and positions fill quickly on a rolling basis.
APPLY TODAY at http://www.galileo-camps.com/jobs/summer-jobs/
Contact: Galileo Outreach
Email: Galileo Outreach Website: http://www.galileo-camps.com
AboutJobs.com does not guarantee the validity or accuracy of the job information posted in this database. It is the job seeker's responsibility to independently review all posting companies, contracts and job offers.
GoNannies.com - Quickly find a nanny or nanny job in your area through the nation's most trusted online source for nannies, sitters, senior caregivers, and housekeepers.