MAY 2015 UPDATES: Galileo has recently been recognized at the 2015 White House Science Fair AND named one of the Bay Area's Best Places to Work for the sixth year in a row! We are still hiring for numerous Lead Instructor positions all across the Bay Area for classes including Go-Kart Builders, Video Game Design, Inventor's Workshop, and more! We are also looking for Instructors at the Summer Camps @ The Tech Museum in Downtown San Jose, for innovation technology classes such as 3D Animation, Circuits & Electronics, Computer Programming, and DIY Virtual Reality. (Instructional training provided for select cutting-edge subjects like 3D Modeling & Printing and Mod Design with Minecraft.) Apply now!
NEW in 2015: Signing bonus offered at specific Peninsula sites and mileage reimbursement incentives available. Continue reading and apply to learn more.
Spend your summer inspiring kids, helping them grow as individuals and develop as a team. Galileo Learning is looking for instructors to lead Art, Science, Technology and Outdoors curricula this summer. Teach and play in an environment that values process and experiential learning.
Do what you love and make a lasting impact while earning a competitive salary!
Lead Instructors are pivotal to the summer experience of Galileo campers, providing instruction and inspiration, fostering the type of learning environment which allows kids to explore and develop vision, courage, collaboration, determination, and reflection. We provide an outstanding curriculum and all materials, giving you the freedom to tailor your classroom’s look and feel, and to focus on bringing learning to life!
• Prepare lessons and materials; deliver three rotations of art, science, or outdoor instruction per day to groups of up to 24 campers
• Make changes to curriculum as needed to improve the camper experience and accommodate individual campers
• Provide leadership, energy and camp spirit for campers, constantly assessing group dynamics and the needs of individual campers
• Supervise Team Leaders working in your program area and inspire them to become excellent instructors
• Learn skills necessary to be an effective and successful educator
• Set, work towards, and achieve measurable professional development goals
• Support camper check-in and check-out processes
• Provide excellent customer service to parents by communicating with them about their camper’s experience
• Assist with daily set up and clean up of camp
• Contribute to and participate in daily opening and closing ceremonies, all-camp activities, and snack & lunch supervision and programming
Introducing incredible new perks:
- Signing bonuses: a signing bonus for Summer Interns, Team Leaders, Assistant Instructors, and Lead Instructors ranging from $250 to $1000 (depending on experience) for select sites throughout the Peninsula region
- Mileage reimbursement: Mileage driven in excess of 40 miles round-trip per day to any Galileo site will be reimbursed
Lead Instructor positions fill quickly on a rolling basis. Apply or learn more today:
• Commitment to educational programming for children
• Flexibility to meet changing work needs and demands
• Ability to work collaboratively on a high-functioning team
• Openness to feedback and desire to grow professionally
• Ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently and accurately
• Strong organization skills and attention to detail
• Ability to communicate clearly, maturely and compassionately with parents
• Ability to maintain an excellent work ethic, a high level of energy and exceptional enthusiasm all day, every day, for up to 10 weeks
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
• College graduate
• Experience with the grade level you will be teaching
• Experience working with kids or in a camp setting a plus
Ready to work hard, play hard, inspire, and contribute?
Galileo is currently accepting applications for over 1,200 summer positions. Our hiring process is competitive, and positions fill quickly on a rolling basis.
APPLY TODAY at http://www.galileo-camps.com/jobs/summer-jobs/
Contact: Viva Asmelash
1021 3rd Street
Oakland, CA, United States 94607
Email: Viva Asmelash Website: http://www.galileo-camps.com
AboutJobs.com does not guarantee the validity or accuracy of the job information posted in this database. It is the job seeker's responsibility to independently review all posting companies, contracts and job offers.
GoNannies.com - Quickly find a nanny or nanny job in your area through the nation's most trusted online source for nannies, sitters, senior caregivers, and housekeepers.