NEW in 2015: Signing bonus offered at specific Peninsula sites and mileage reimbursement incentives available. Continue reading and apply to learn more.
This summer, gain great experience in an amazingly supportive and fun working environment. Galileo is looking for Summer Interns to support operations at over 40 summer day camp sites. Work in the camp office, assist in the classroom, and participate in all-camp games, skits and activities. Being a Summer Intern means developing as a professional while having a crazy amount of fun with great campers and new friends.
Have the summer of a lifetime!
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Support all aspects of camp, including behind-the-scenes camp operations and programming
• Work closely with the Camp Director and Operations Coordinator to complete various administrative duties throughout the day and week
• Provide leadership, energy and camp spirit for campers, constantly assessing group dynamics and the needs of individual campers
• Cover for Team Leaders in the classroom during daily ten-minute breaks, fulfilling their role while they are out
• Assist Team Leaders & Lead Instructors in the classroom, working with campers individually and in small groups
• Set, work towards, and achieve measurable professional development goals
• Support camper check-in and check-out processes
• Provide excellent customer service to parents by communicating with a positive, professional and fun attitude
• Assist with daily set up and clean-up of camp and assist Instructors with lesson preparation
• Support set-up of, contribute to, and participate in daily opening and closing ceremonies, all-camp activities, and snack & lunch supervision and programming
Introducing incredible new perks:
- Signing bonuses: a signing bonus for Summer Interns, Team Leaders, Assistant Instructors, and Lead Instructors ranging from $250 to $1000 (depending on experience) for select sites throughout the Peninsula region
- Mileage reimbursement: Mileage driven in excess of 40 miles round-trip per day to any Galileo site will be reimbursed
Summer Intern positions fill quickly on a rolling basis. Apply or learn more today:
• Commitment to educational programming for children
• Flexibility to meet changing work needs and demands
• Ability to work collaboratively on a high-functioning team
• Openness to feedback and desire to grow professionally
• Ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently and accurately
• Strong organization skills and attention to detail
• Ability to communicate clearly, maturely and compassionately with parents
• Ability to maintain an excellent work ethic, a high level of energy and exceptional enthusiasm all day, every day, for up to 8 weeks
Education, Training and Experience
• Upper-level high school student or college student
• Demonstrated leadership experience
• Sixteen years old by the first day of camp, with a valid work permit
• Experience working with kids or in a camp setting a plus
Ready to work hard, play hard, inspire, and contribute?
Galileo is currently accepting applications for over 1,200 summer positions. Our hiring process is competitive, and positions fill quickly on a rolling basis.
APPLY TODAY at http://www.galileo-camps.com/jobs/summer-jobs/
Contact: Viva Asmelash
1021 3rd Street
Oakland, CA, United States 94607
Email: Viva Asmelash Website: http://www.galileo-camps.com
AboutJobs.com does not guarantee the validity or accuracy of the job information posted in this database. It is the job seeker's responsibility to independently review all posting companies, contracts and job offers.
GoNannies.com - Quickly find a nanny or nanny job in your area through the nation's most trusted online source for nannies, sitters, senior caregivers, and housekeepers.