A Counselor is responsible for the supervision of campers, promoting and actively participating in all camp activities, providing a safe and fun learning environment, and serving as a positive role model for campers.
We are seeking motivated team members who believe deeply in the organization’s mission and who display a record of achievement in effective supervision & management of youth as it pertains to this position, building positive relationships and ensuring the safety and well-being of people of all ages.
Position Scope Factors:
Counselors are employed at the following camps;
• Mini Camp: 3 year olds (Haverford School, Episcopal Academy and Greenwich Academy locations only)
• Day Camp: 4 – 8 year olds
• Senior Camp: 9 – 15 year olds
• Dream Camp: 6 – 9 year olds (Trinity College & Girard College locations only)
Essential Job Responsibilities:
1. Group supervision of campers with attention to: behavior and group management, health, safety, security, and personal and skill development
2. Promote and actively participate in all camper activities & projects
3. Work effectively with co-counselors and collaborate on daily responsibilities
4. Teach or assist with camp programs
5. Complete assigned paperwork
6. Serve as a positive role model to campers
7. Follow the ESF Code and maintain the ESF Look at all times
8. Exhibit ESF Core Values at all times and to adhere to all company policies
9. Have fun
10. Other responsibilities as assigned
Position Competencies for Success:
1. Understand and support the mission of the organization
2. Commitment to the growth and development of youth
3. The ability to work effectively with others in all levels of the organization in a professional manner
4. Positive attitude
5. Patient, caring and creative
6. Commitment to producing consistent, high-quality work
7. Excellent judgment, ability to identify problems and works quickly to find solutions
8. Flexible, adaptive and a Team player
9. Desire to make a difference in the life of a child
1. Previous experience working with children, examples include but are not limited to; babysitting, academic/athletic tutoring, camp counselor, youth volunteer, classroom assistant, religious education teacher
2. Previous camp counselor experience (preferred)
1. Minimum of 18 years of age
2. High School Graduate pursuing college degree
Other Skill Requirements:
1. Outstanding communication skills which include the ability to use clear, concise and grammatically correct written and oral language in all aspects of professional interaction with campers, their families, peers, leadership team and the larger community
1. Reports directly to and takes direction from Camp Director. May also take direction from and is overall accountable to the Site Director.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
1. Ability to push/pull, lift and carry a minimum of 35Ibs
2. Endurance to work outside and on your feet for 6-8 hours per day
3. Ability to respond to emergency situations which may require running (up to 1 mile in some cases) and climbing stairs.
4. Good physical condition which enables candidate to execute all responsibilities associated with this position
Please apply online at https://jobs-esfcamps.icims.com.
Contact: Talent Acquisition Team
ESF Summer Camps
750 East Haverford Road
Bryn Mawr, PA, United States 19010
Phone: 866-721-6363 Fax: 610.581.7040 Email: email@example.com Website: https://jobs-esfcamps.icims.com
AboutJobs.com does not guarantee the validity or accuracy of the job information posted in this database. It is the job seeker's responsibility to independently review all posting companies, contracts and job offers.
Summer Work - Entry Level Sales available for students across the US & Canada this summer - Full Time/Part Time, Flexible Hours, Excellent Pay.
GoNannies.com- Quickly find a nanny or nanny job in your area through the nation's most trusted online source for nannies, sitters, senior caregivers, and housekeepers.