A Sports Camp Coach is responsible for the supervision of campers, promoting and actively participating in all camp activities, providing a safe, fun camp environment, and serving as a positive role model for campers.
We are seeking motivated team members who believe deeply in the organization’s mission and who display a record of achievement in effective supervision & management of youth as it pertains to this position. Candidates must be capable of teaching the fundamentals of ESF offered sports, building positive relationships and ensuring the safety and well-being of people of all ages.
Position Scope Factors:
Sports Camp coaches are hired in the following age groups;
Ivy League: 1st grade
Big East: 2nd & 3rd grades
Big Ten: 4th & 5th grades
ACC: 6th + grades
Essential Job Responsibilities:
1. Group supervision of campers with attention to: behavior and group management, health, safety, security, and personal and skill development
2. Promote and actively participate in all camper activities
3. Work effectively with other coaches and collaborate on various responsibilities
4. Assist with camper instruction of 9 different weekly sports
5. Coach, manage, referee or assist with all camp programs
6. Complete assigned paperwork
7. Serve as a positive role model to campers
8. Follow the ESF Code and maintain the ESF Look at all times
9. Exhibit ESF Core Values at all times and to adhere to all company policies
10. Have fun
11. Other responsibilities as assigned
Position Competencies for Success:
1. Understand and support the mission of the organization
2. Commitment to the growth and development of youth
3. The ability to work effectively with others in all levels of the organization in a professional manner
4. Excellent judgment, ability to identify problems and work quickly to find solutions
5. Positive attitude
6. Patient, caring and creative
7. Commitment to producing consistent, high-quality work
8. Flexible, adaptive and a Team player
9. Desire to make a difference in the life of a child
Newtown Square, Chester Springs, Haverford, Chestnut Hill, and Philadelphia, PA
1. Previous experience working with children, examples include but are not limited to; babysitting, academic/athletic tutoring, camp counselor, youth volunteer, classroom assistant, religious education teacher
2. Experience playing ESF offered sports; basketball, European Team handball, soccer, flag football, lacrosse, baseball, street hockey, golf
3. Youth coaching experience (preferred)
4. Previous camp counselor/coach experience (preferred)
1. Minimum of 18 years of age
2. High School Graduate pursuing college degree
Other Skill Requirements:
1. Outstanding communication skills which include the ability to use clear, concise and grammatically correct written and oral language in all aspects of professional interaction with campers, their families, peers, leadership team and the larger community
1. Reports directly to and takes direction from Sports Camp Director. May also take direction from and is overall accountable to the Site Director.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
1. Ability to push/pull, lift and carry a minimum of 35Ibs
2. Endurance to work outside and on your feet for 6-8 hours per day
3. Ability to respond to emergency situations which may require running (up to 1 mile in some cases) and climbing stairs.
4. Good physical condition which enables candidate to execute all responsibilities associated with this position
Please apply online at https://jobs-esfcamps.icims.com.
Contact: Talent Acquisition Team
ESF Summer Camps
750 East Haverford Road
Bryn Mawr, PA, United States 19010
Phone: 866-721-6363 Fax: 610.581.7040 Email: email@example.com Website: https://jobs-esfcamps.icims.com
AboutJobs.com does not guarantee the validity or accuracy of the job information posted in this database. It is the job seeker's responsibility to independently review all posting companies, contracts and job offers.
GoNannies.com- Quickly find a nanny or nanny job in your area through the nation's most trusted online source for nannies, sitters, senior caregivers, and housekeepers.