The Swim Instructor/Lifeguard is responsible for teaching swimming lessons, guarding the pool during open swimming, ensuring the safety of all people in the pool area and learning the procedures to maintain the cleanliness and upkeep of the pool facility.
We are seeking motivated team members who believe deeply in the organization’s mission and who display a record of achievement in effective supervision & management of youth as it pertains to this position. Candidates must be capable of teaching swimming, building positive relationships and ensuring the safety and well-being of people of all ages.
Position Scope Factors:
ESF Swim Instructors are not required to have a Water Safety Instructor (WSI) certification to teach swim lessons. If hired, Aquatic Team members are trained on ESF’s swimming levels prior to the start of camp. If you have your WSI certification additional compensation is offered.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for lifeguarding and ensuring safety of all people in and out of pool
2. Enforce all pool rules and regulations
3. Responsible for supervision of the pool facility
4. Know and understand each swimming skill level and the skills that are taught
5. Teach daily swim instruction to campers between the ages of 4 and 16 with different ability levels
6. Teach group swim instruction to Sports & Senior campers
7. Work effectively with other lifeguards/swim instructors and take turns with various responsibilities
8. Complete weekly progress reports for all campers
9. Serve as a positive role model to campers
10. Follow the ESF Code and maintain the ESF Look at all times
11. Exhibit ESF Core Values at all times and to adhere to all company policies
12. Have fun
13. Other responsibilities as assigned such as camper pick up.
Non-Essential Job Responsibilities:
1. Teach private/semi-private swim lessons after regular camp hours
2. Learn & implement the proper procedures for maintaining proper pool water quality (testing, chlorine, etc.)
3. Learn & implement the proper procedures for opening and closing the pool
Position Competencies for Success:
1. Understand and support the mission of the organization
2. Commitment to the growth and development of youth
3. Excellent judgment, ability to identify problems and work quickly to find solutions
4. The ability to work effectively with others in all levels of the organization in a professional manner
5. Commitment to producing consistent, high-quality work
6. Positive attitude
7. Patient, caring and creative
8. Flexible, adaptive and a Team player
9. Desire to make a difference in the life of a child
1. Previous experience working with children, examples include but are not limited to; babysitting, academic/athletic tutoring, camp counselor, youth volunteer, classroom assistant, religious education teacher
2. Previous lifeguarding experience (preferred)
3. Previous experience teaching swim lessons (preferred)
4. Previous camp counselor/lifeguard experience (preferred)
1. Current American Red Cross Lifeguard and First Aid Certification
2. Current American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer Certification
1. Minimum of 18 years of age
2. High School Graduate pursuing college degree
Other Skill Requirements:
1. Outstanding communication skills which include the ability to use clear, concise and grammatically correct written and oral language in all aspects of professional interaction with campers, their families, peers, leadership team and the larger community
1. Reports to and takes direction from Aquatic Director. May also take direction from and is overall accountable to the Site Director.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
1. Ability to push/pull, lift and carry a minimum of 35Ibs
2. Endurance to work outside and on your feet for 6-8 hours per day
3. Ability to respond to emergency situations which may require running (up to 1 mile in some cases) and climbing stairs.
4. Good physical condition which enables candidate to execute all responsibilities associated with this position
Please apply online at https://jobs-esfcamps.icims.com.
Contact: Talent Acquisition Team
ESF Summer Camps
750 East Haverford Road
Bryn Mawr, PA, United States 19010
Phone: 866-721-6363 Fax: 610.581.7040 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: https://jobs-esfcamps.icims.com
AboutJobs.com does not guarantee the validity or accuracy of the job information posted in this database. It is the job seeker's responsibility to independently review all posting companies, contracts and job offers.
GoNannies.com- Quickly find a nanny or nanny job in your area through the nation's most trusted online source for nannies, sitters, senior caregivers, and housekeepers.