ROCK CLIMBING INSTRUCTOR JOBS - SUMMER CAMP COUNSELORS
A detailed job description for this position is available by contacting our staff coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Camp Lohikan is also searching for individuals qualified to instruct in the following areas: Survival Camp Program - Rock Climbing - Ropes Course - Delaware River Canoe Trips - Backpacking - Hiking - Spy Camp - Mountain Biking - Mountain Boarding - White Water Rafting - Orienteering (topo map reading, compass, astronomy) - Cabin Overnights. For an employment application click here.
SUMMER CAMP EMPLOYMENT DATES:
June 22nd through August 23rd
Additional employment is available before and after the summer camp season. Applications for year-round internships are also accepted. The benefits packages are great! Click here for more information.
CAMP LOHIKAN in the Pocono Mts.
Camp Lohikan is a coed resident summer camp located in northeast Pennsylvania. Our campers range in age from 6 to 15. We operate 65+ activities on a daily basis and our facilities are extensive. Click here for more information.
Our Adventure Program is awesome! Lohikan features:
- 1200 Acre Campsite
- Miles of scenic Hiking Trails
- 15 Station Project Adventure Course
- 40' Rock Climbing Tower
- Real Rock Face Site
- Helicopter Rappel
- 20' Bouldering Wall
- Delaware River Canoe Trips
- 300 Acre Survival Camp Program Site
- Giants Ladder
- Horseback Overnights
- 5 Overnight Sites
- 2 Zip Lines
- Burmese Bridge
- Giant Swing
- Tarzan Swing
- White Water Rafting Trips
Our Adventure Program is among the best for one reason... We hire the BEST staff!
We pay the BEST salaries to recruit the BEST staff!
Nothing is more important than our staff and we know it. If you are a hard working individual who enjoys children, you may be just the person we're searching for. Staff members must be able to put kids first at all times. It is also essential that staff members be strong role models for our campers. And because we're working with kids, we have strict policies in many areas including alcohol, smoking, curfew, etc. While it is preferable that our staff members have some experience working with children, this is not a prerequisite. Many program areas require skills and certifications to safely operate and this is a priority.
400+ SUMMER CAMP JOBS AVAILABLE!
We have over 400 summer camp jobs available. Some jobs are highly skilled positions (i.e., lifeguard, horseback riding instructor, rock climbing, etc.), others require child care experience (i.e., general cabin counselor), and then there are jobs where you will receive all of the necessary training at camp. If you are compassionate, hard working, and an excellent role model, we have a job for you! Click here for an employment application.
Camp Lohikan shares staff applications with Camp Cayuga and Lake Greeley Camp. All three camps are coed resident camps located in northeast Pennsylvania and have been operated by the Buynak family since 1957. The positions currently available are listed below. A number of individuals are required to fill each position. Click here for more information.
Working at camp is the experience of a lifetime. The personal growth, the rewards of working with children, the excitement of an active, diverse community and the close friendships that you form will stay with you long after the summer ends. Working at camp will make you a better person. And that you'll take with you wherever you go. Many staff members describe their employment at Camp Lohikan as the BEST summer of their life. You will too! Click here to read what other staff members have said about working at Lohikan.
- Applicants must have completed at least one year of college.
- College enrolled staff members are housed in the cabins with the campers and assume counseling responsibilities in addition to instructional responsibilities during the program day.
- Applicants must be individuals with high moral character and a strong work ethic. Working in camp and counseling children is hard work!
- We expect our staff members to be excellent role models for our campers. Previous experience working with children is preferred. The capacity to provide warm, mature guidance is most important.
- Camp Lohikan is a non-smoking camp.
- Depending upon the specialty position, certification, if available, may be required. In any event, staff members applying for an instructor position must have extensive personal experience participating in the activity, must have demonstrated expertise in the activity, and ideally, should have experience teaching the activity.
- As a condition of employment applicants must pass Camp Lohikan's pre-offer and post-offer staff screening processes which include: reference checks, criminal background checks, sex-offender registry check and other staff screening checks deemed appropriate.
- If you meet the criteria listed above and you are an outgoing, friendly individual who enjoys working with kids, we strongly encourage you to complete our employment application!
- We pay the BEST salaries to recruit the BEST staff!
- Travel allowance is available.
- Room, board & laundry services are provided. You have no expenses!
- Nights-off and days-off are scheduled throughout the summer.
- High Speed Internet Access. Stay in touch with family and friends!
- Pre and post-camp employment is available.
- Our top caliber staff is recruited from across the US and Europe and provides a unique social experience for our counselors and supervisors.
- Why not work in a noncompetitive, supportive camp environment where the emphasis is on individual attention and FUN?
- Working at Camp Lohikan is the experience of a lifetime. The personal growth, the rewards of working with children, the excitement of an active, diverse community and the close friendships that you form will stay with you long after the summer ends. Many staff members describe their employment at Camp Lohikan as the BEST summer of their life.
- You will too! Click here to read what other staff members have said about working at Camp Lohikan.
- For more information about the benefits of working at Camp Lohikan click here.
APPLY ONLINE at http://www.lohikan.com/staffrec.htm for IMMEDIATE RESPONSE.
For more information about Camp Lohikan click here.
How To Apply:
APPLYING FOR A JOB IS EASY!
1. Complete our online application. Click here.
2. Counselors must have completed their freshman year of college before the camp season begins.
3. Please note that Camp Lohikan is a non-smoking camp.
4. International applicants will require an appropriate visa which is available from Camp Leaders. When you apply, please let your representative know that you want your application sent to Camp Lohikan for "priority review".
Please let me know that you heard about Camp Lohikan through SummerJobs.com.
If you have any questions, give us a call!
Contact: Jon Aronoff
P.O. Box 189
Gladstone, NJ, United States 07934
Phone: 908-470-9317 Fax: 908-470-9319 Email: email@example.com Website: www.lohikan.com
Posted:February 26, 2015
AboutJobs.com does not guarantee the validity or accuracy of the job information posted in this database. It is the job seeker's responsibility to independently review all posting companies, contracts and job offers.
GoNannies.com - Quickly find a nanny or nanny job in your area through the nation's most trusted online source for nannies, sitters, senior caregivers, and housekeepers.