ARTS & CRAFTS INSTRUCTOR JOBS - SUMMER CAMP COUNSELORS
Camp Lohikan is searching for individuals qualified to instruct in the following areas:
Painting & Drawing, Ceramics & Pottery, Paper Mache, Leather Art Projects, Fabric Art (Silk Screen, Tie Dye, Batik, Fabric Painting), Air Brush, Jewelry Making, Stained Glass, Arts & Crafts (Macrame, Fimo Art, Basket Weaving, Lanyards, Braiding, Weaving, Paper Mache, Copper Enameling, Nature Crafts, Block Printing, Puppetry, Needle Craft, Mask Making, Bead Craft, Plaster Projects, Decoupage, String Art, Nature Crafts, Cartooning, Calligraphy), Model Building - Rocketry, Woodworking and Photography.
A detailed job description for this position is available by contacting our staff coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SUMMER CAMP EMPLOYMENT DATES
June 20th through August 20th
Additional employment is available before and after the summer camp season. Applications for year-round internships are also accepted. The benefits packages are among the best in the industry! Click here for more information.
Camp Lohikan is a coed resident summer camp located in northeast Pennsylvania. Our campers range in age from 6 to 15. We operate 65+ activities on a daily basis and our facilities are extensive. Click here for more information.
Our Visual Arts Program is awesome! Lohikan features:
- 4100 sq. ft. Fine Arts Center
- Pottery & Ceramics Building
- 10 Potters Wheels, 2 Kilns
- 15 Arts & Crafts Workshops
- Photography Studio and Darkroom
- Stained Glass Studio
- Woodworking Building
- Rocketry Room and Launch Area
- T-Shirt Factory Facility
Our Visual Arts Program is among the best for one reason... We hire the BEST staff!
We pay the BEST salaries to recruit the BEST staff!
Nothing is more important than our staff and we know it. If you are a hard working individual who enjoys children, you may be just the person we're searching for. Staff members must be able to put kids first at all times. It is also essential that staff members be strong role models for our campers. And because we're working with kids, we have strict policies in many areas including alcohol, smoking, curfew, etc. While it is preferable that our staff members have some experience working with children, this is not a prerequisite. Many program areas require skills and certifications to safely operate and this is a priority.
400+ SUMMER CAMP JOBS AVAILABLE!
We have over 400 summer camp jobs available. Some jobs are highly skilled positions (i.e., lifeguard, horseback riding instructor, rock climbing, etc.), others require child care experience (i.e., general cabin counselor), and then there are jobs where you will receive all of the necessary training at camp. If you are compassionate, hard working, and an excellent role model, we have a job for you! Click here for an application.
Camp Lohikan shares staff applications with Camp Cayuga and Lake Greeley Camp. All three camps are coed resident camps located in northeast Pennsylvania and have been operated by the Buynak family since 1957. The positions currently available are listed below. A number of individuals are required to fill each position. Click here for more information.
Working at camp is the experience of a lifetime. The personal growth, the rewards of working with children, the excitement of an active, diverse community and the close friendships that you form will stay with you long after the summer ends. Working at camp will make you a better person. And that you'll take with you wherever you go. Many staff members describe their employment at Camp Lohikan as the BEST summer of their life. You will too! Click here to read what other staff members have said about working at Lohikan.
- Applicants must have completed at least one year of college.
- College enrolled staff members are housed in the cabins with the campers and assume counseling responsibilities in addition to instructional responsibilities during the program day.
- Applicants must be individuals with high moral character and a strong work ethic. Working in camp and counseling children is hard work!
- We expect our staff members to be excellent role models for our campers. Previous experience working with children is preferred. The capacity to provide warm, mature guidance is most important.
- Camp Lohikan is a non-smoking camp.
- Depending upon the specialty position, certification, if available, may be required. In any event, staff members applying for an instructor position must have extensive personal experience participating in the activity, must have demonstrated expertise in the activity, and ideally, should have experience teaching the activity.
- As a condition of employment applicants must pass Camp Lohikan's pre-offer and post-offer staff screening processes which include: reference checks, criminal background checks, sex-offender registry check and other staff screening checks deemed appropriate.
- If you meet the criteria listed above and you are an outgoing, friendly individual who enjoys working with kids, we strongly encourage you to complete our employment application!
- We pay the BEST salaries to recruit the BEST staff!
- Travel allowance is available.
- Tipping is permitted.
- Room, board & laundry services are provided. You have no expenses!
- Nights-off and days-off are scheduled throughout the summer.
- High Speed Internet Access. Stay in touch with family and friends!
- Pre and post-camp employment is available.
- Free camp tuition is provided for children of senior staff members.
- Our top caliber staff is recruited from across the US and Europe and provides a unique social experience for our counselors and supervisors.
- Why not work in a noncompetitive, supportive camp environment where the emphasis is on individual attention and FUN?
- Working at Camp Lohikan is the experience of a lifetime. The personal growth, the rewards of working with children, the excitement of an active, diverse community and the close friendships that you form will stay with you long after the summer ends. Many staff members describe their employment at Camp Lohikan as the BEST summer of their life.
- You will too! Click here to read what other staff members have said about working at Camp Lohikan.
- For more information about the benefits of working at Camp Lohikan click here.
APPLY ONLINE at http://www.lohikan.com/staffrec.htm for IMMEDIATE RESPONSE.
For more information about Camp Lohikan click here.
APPLYING FOR A JOB IS EASY!
1. Complete our online application. Click here.
2. Counselors must have completed their freshman year of college before the camp season begins.
3. Please note that Camp Lohikan is a non-smoking camp.
4. International applicants will require an appropriate visa which is available from any of the following agencies: BUNAC, ICCP, InterExchange, Camp America, ICEP, Camp Counselors USA , and Camp Leaders in America. When you apply, please let your representative know that you want your application sent to Camp Lohikan for "priority review".
Please let me know that you heard about Camp Lohikan through SummerJobs.com.
If you have any questions, give us a call!
Contact: Mitch Burns
P.O. Box 189
Gladstone, NJ, United States 07934
Phone: 908-470-9317 Fax: 908-470-9319 Email: email@example.com Website: www.lohikan.com
AboutJobs.com does not guarantee the validity or accuracy of the job information posted in this database. It is the job seeker's responsibility to independently review all posting companies, contracts and job offers.
Summer Work - Entry Level Sales Positions available for students across the US & Canada this summer - Part Time/Full Time, Flexible Hours, EXCELLENT PAY.
GoNannies.com - Quickly find a nanny or nanny job in your area through the nation's most trusted online source for nannies, sitters, senior caregivers, and housekeepers.