Imagine spending your summer as an Extended Care Coordinator, bringing to life a program as dynamic as our campers, ensuring they all find a space to feel at home and ensuring an experience parents feel great about. Extended Care Coordinators are responsible for ensuring a high level of camper safety, strong program delivery, and quality staff, camper, and parent experience at the end of the traditional camp day.
We value divergent thinkers who bring various experiences and viewpoints to the table at Galileo. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented groups to apply.
WORK HOURS AND DATES
The camp environment is demanding, requiring intense dedication and work ethic from each staff member. Depending on the time of summer or the specific week or day, the needs of camp and resulting staff hours may vary. We seek and make offers to staff who we believe are capable of thriving in this environment and contributing to camp’s success.
The camp day runs, on average, 8 hours for Extended Care Coordinators. Extended Care Coordinators typically work 10am-6:30pm. Extended Care Coordinators may work with the Camp Director on prep prior to training and set-up days; this time may total up to 24 hours of prep time, no more than 8 hours in a day.
• Number of hours and start/finish time will vary by site, position and day
• Before setup days, complete between 2-12 hours of online training
• Participate in two mandatory training and setup days in the days before camp starts
• Participate in cleaning and packing up camp for an additional 5-10 hours during the final week of camp.
• We are committed to competitively compensating staff.
• Extended Care Coordinators are compensated at a regular hourly rate of $14.00-16.00 per hour
• Staff will be compensated at a different hourly training rate for online training and on-site setup/training
• Overtime will be paid at 1.5x the regular hourly rate in accordance with state and federal requirements
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Support Camp Director in managing all aspects of the Extended Care & lunch programs
• Support the Operations Coordinator to prepare and manage lunch, Extended Care capacity, paperwork and rosters, and more
• Work to improve Extended Care and lunch programs or accommodate specific campers, making changes as necessary
• Innovate and adapt Extended Care curriculum; communicate regularly with and provide feedback to your Camp Director
• Check in with Camp Director and other staff frequently to communicate staff, camper, and family needs
• Contribute to and participate in daily camp ceremonies and all-camp activities as necessary
• Set, work toward, and achieve measurable professional development goals
• Commitment to educational programming for children
• Flexibility to meet changing work needs and demands
• Ability to work collaboratively on a high-functioning team
• Openness to feedback and desire to grow professionally
• Ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently and accurately
• Strong organization skills and attention to detail
• Ability to communicate clearly, maturely and compassionately with families
• Ability to maintain an excellent work ethic, a high level of energy and exceptional enthusiasm
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
• College graduate
• Demonstrated leadership experience
• Program management and/or curriculum development experience a plus
• Experience working with kids or in a camp setting a plus
How To Apply
Ready to work hard, play hard, inspire, and contribute?
Galileo is currently accepting applications for over 1,200 summer positions. Our hiring process is competitive, and positions fill quickly on a rolling basis.
APPLY TODAY at http://www.galileo-camps.com/jobs/summer-jobs/