Imagine spending your summer as an Operations Coordinator, providing crucial support to staff, campers, and parents alike. The organized faces of operations, customer service, and parent peace of mind, our coordinators provide administrative leadership to the entire team. Multi-tasking mavens, computer pros and project management gurus welcome.
We value divergent thinkers who bring various experiences and viewpoints to the table at Galileo. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented groups to apply.
WORK HOURS AND DATES
The camp environment is demanding, requiring intense dedication and work ethic from each staff member. Depending on the time of summer or the specific week or day, the needs of camp and resulting staff hours may vary. We seek and make offers to staff who we believe are capable of thriving in this environment and contributing to camp’s success.
Operation Coordinators typically arrive by 7:30am, and work approximately 9-10 hours per day. Operations Coordinators will work with the Camp Director on prep prior to training and set-up days; this time may total up to 24 hours of prep time, no more than 8 hours in a day.
• Number of hours and start/finish time will vary by site, position and day
• Before setup days, complete between 2-12 hours of online training
• Participate in two mandatory training and setup days in the days before camp starts
• Participate in cleaning and packing up camp for an additional 5-10 hours during the final week of camp.
• We are committed to competitively compensating staff.
• Operations Coordinators are compensated at a regular hourly rate of $14.00-16.00, plus $0.25 bonus per camper week.
• Staff will be compensated at a different hourly training rate for online training and on-site setup/training
• Overtime will be paid at 1.5x the regular hourly rate in accordance with state and federal requirements
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide administrative and management support to the Camp Director through daily communication
• Provide excellent customer service to camp families to ensure a professional, positive, and memorable experience
• Manage weekly camper paperwork and materials needed for camper enrollment
• With Camp Director, lead and manage Summer Interns ensuring efficient support of camp operations and programming
• Provide leadership, energy and camp spirit for campers and staff
• Set, work toward and achieve measurable professional development goals
• Support camper check-in and check-out processes
• Provide support in classrooms as needed
• Contribute to and participate in daily opening and closing ceremonies, all-camp activities, and snack and lunch supervision and programming, as needed
• Commitment to educational programming for children
• Flexibility to meet changing work needs and demands
• Ability to work collaboratively on a high-functioning team
• Openness to feedback and desire to grow professionally
• Ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently and accurately
• Strong organization skills and attention to detail
• Ability to communicate clearly, maturely and compassionately with families
• Ability to maintain an excellent work ethic, a high level of energy and exceptional enthusiasm
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
• College graduate
• Administrative experience
• Demonstrated leadership experience
• Experience working with kids or in a camp setting
• Current CPR and First Aid certification (by start of camp)
How To Apply
Ready to work hard, play hard, inspire, and contribute?
Galileo is currently accepting applications for over 1,200 summer positions. Our hiring process is competitive, and positions fill quickly on a rolling basis.
APPLY TODAY at http://www.galileo-camps.com/jobs/summer-jobs/