Austin, TX, United States
# of Openings: 1
Category: Front Desk
Position Type: Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Perfect Downtown Location! Centrally located in downtown Austin, the Sheraton Austin features 367 beautifully appointed guest rooms. Our associates are given a culture that focuses on providing our guests with a unique hotel experience. We take care of you so that you can take care of our guests. At the Sheraton Austin, we provide our associates with free parking, free monthly bus passes and a healthy meal each shift. We focus on growth and development so that your career can soar. Want to learn more about what it's like to work for us? Apply now!
Perform the night audit operations to ensure the maintenance of financial controls, and compliance with hotel standards. Coordinate with other departments (i.e. Security, Housekeeping) to ensure quality service is provided to all guests.
- Prepare daily Restaurant Revenue Report data by auditing Point of Service tapes/journals to breakdown revenue, covers, waiters' fees, tips paid out and settlements by type and cashier.
- Run audit reports/journals from the front office system, Point of Service and the computer.
- Make corrections and adjustments and handle all computer problems that might occur throughout the shift.
- Input into the front office system revenue/expenses/allowances to generate the daily reports such as the Guest Ledger Summary and the Daily Restaurant Summary.
- Balance all revenue and settlement accounts nightly, maintain files and reset the system for next day operations.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- Hotel experience preferred.
- Basic mathematical skills and ability to make accurate mathematical calculations using a 10-key.
- Ability to effectively deal with guest and associate concerns in a friendly and positive manner.
- Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public etc.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefits plan that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance programs geared to you and your family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your financial wellness HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life Insurance and Short and Long-Term Disability. In addition, our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Location: Austin, Texas, US
Posted Date: 3/12/2019
Click Here to Apply
Sheraton Austin At The Capitol