New York, NY, United States
Location: US-NY-New York
# of Openings: 1
Position Type: Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
Assist the Director of Sales by reaching the agreed upon business travel revenue goals, in particular by soliciting national accounts.
- Solicit new and existing accounts to meet/exceed business travel revenue goals through telephone prospecting, outside sales calls, site inspections and written communication.
- Advanced level of producing business transient revenue through directly soliciting business via aggressive prospecting, making presentations, developing contracts, negotiating and closing sales.
- Maximize revenue by selling all facets of the hotel, both orally and in written form to previous, current and potential clients.
- Handle account details so that all pertinent aspects of solicitation and closing are complete and documented. Coordinate various departments' participation in servicing accounts
- Prepare information for, meet with and entertain clients as deemed appropriate by potential business from that account.
- Communicate both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to all departments in the hotel to ensure high quality of service to customers.
- Participate in daily business review meeting, pre-convention meetings, training and other sales-related meetings as required.
- Attend trade shows, community events and industry meetings.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 3+ years of past sales experience preferred.
- Hotel experience preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of market trends, competition and key customers of the hotel.
- Must have experience in business travel at a similar size and quality hotel.
- Must possess computer skills, including, but not limited to, use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Delphi. Advanced knowledge of sales skills, revenue management, training, and motivation of peers.
- Knowledge of hotel operations, including marketing plans, security and safety programs, personnel and labor relations, preparation of business plans, repairs, maintenance, budget forecasting, quality assurance programs, hospitality law, and long-range planning.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public etc.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical, Dental and Vision insurance programs geared to you and your family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your financial wellness, HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life insurance as well as Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Location: New York, New York, US
Posted Date: 3/14/2019
Click Here to Apply
The Westin New York Grand Cent