Manhattan, NY, United States
Job Trim is currently seeking a Registered Nurse Case Manager on behalf of our client.
The Homeless Outreach and Shelter Security Division is seeking Case Management Nurses. The Homeless Outreach Unit is tasked on a daily basis with encouraging the street homeless population to seek shelter in New York City. Through a partnership with the Department of Homeless Services, NYPD officer's conduct canvasses of the street homeless population, offer services and foster an environment that builds trust and relationships.
- Ascertain if there is a reasonable cause to believe that a homeless individual has a mental illness for which immediate observation, care and treatment in a hospital is appropriate.
- Working with Law Enforcement officers as a team that responds to different locations throughout the city to conduct street level mental crisis assessments.
- Evaluating a person's mental health condition to determine if such person appears to be mentally ill and is conducting himself or herself in a manner which is likely to result in a serious harm or substantial risk of physical harm to themselves or others.
- Assessing a person's mental health condition to determine if such person manifest homicidal or violent behavior which places others in reasonable fear of physical harm
- With the assistance of Law Enforcement, determine the appropriate mechanism for transporting a person in mental crisis to the appropriate C.P.E.P. (Comprehensive Psychiatric Emergency Program) location.
- Collaborate with outreach teams regarding the continuum of care and the appropriate discharge planning.
- Providing medical attention to street homeless individuals pursuant to section 9.58 of the Mental Hygiene Law.
- Initiate the 9.58 process and authorize the immediate removal of or direct the immediate removal of an individual to a designated C.P.E.P. location.
- Documenting assessments of street homeless individuals removed while in the field or in an office setting on the appropriate forms.
- Conferring with hospital staff and C.P.E.P. clinicians regarding medical assessment and recommended treatment.
- Successfully obtain approval from DOHMH as a clinician operating as a part of a mobile crisis outreach team. - Maintain and update appropriate records in a timely manner.
- Under the supervision of the NYPD Supervisors, implement a comprehensive system of case-management; - Collaborates with law enforcement and social services regarding mental health assessments.
- Level I and Level II will be require to work various tours 7 days a week, 24 hour days (Primarily during 1600 x 0500), including holidays.
1. A valid New York State license as a Registered Nurse, plus a baccalaureate degree in nursing from an accredited college, and three years of clinical nursing experience;
or 2. Education and/or experience equivalent to above. However, all candidates must have a valid New York State license as a Registered Nurse.
NOTE: Nurses who dispense and make modifications in medication or who conduct physical examinations must possess a Master of Science in Nursing, A.N.A. certification and certification in a specialty which includes primary health care services.
Location: Manhattan, New York, US
Posted Date: 5/8/2019
Click Here to Apply