North Tonawanda, NY, United States
Category Assisted Living
Type Full-time and Part-time
FLSA Status Non-Exempt
Shift Varied Shifts
Department Senior Living
Corporation Name DePaul Adult Care Communities (DACC) NY
- Respects and maintains resident rights and confidentiality and demonstrates a caring, positive attitude toward all residents, staff and guests and service providers.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities of a Resident Care Aide and Medication Technician.
- Acts in a professional manner at all times; is a role model to other staff.
- Provides orientation and training to new resident care staff and supervises / evaluates the work performance of Resident Care Aides assigned to your shift.
- Assists with medication to residents as per physician's orders, quality assurance standards and state regulations.
- Supervises the "checking-in" of medications.
- Transcribes medication orders from consults and telephone orders.
- Maintains accurate and timely documentation in medication records.
- Provides oversight to staff assisting with PRN medications for residents deemed incapable of making this decision by their primary care provider.
- Monitors residents' needs and makes appropriate referrals to outside service providers.
- Communicates information regarding resident's physical and mental status to the Resident Care Director or attending physician as needed.
- Advises and consults with the Resident Care Director / ALP Nurse whenever necessary concerning resident care and personnel problems. Acts as spokesperson for administration relaying information to and from resident care staff.
- Reviews 24-hour report and follows up on all tasks as indicated or delegated.
- Completes rounds at least 2 times per shift (or more if necessary). Ensures that supplies are available as needed by resident care staff and makes recommendations for assignments to resident care staff upon the completion of rounds.
- Must be able to lift 30lbs without assistance.
- Performs other duties as needed or requested by supervisor.
- Relates professionally to staff from regulatory agencies.
Ability to communicate with residents and staff in English.
Ability to read and write English.
Ability to lift up to 30 pounds unassisted
Ability to visually observe residents, to hear emergency systems and verbal needs expressed by Residents.
Ability to turn, stoop, bend and stretch in order to assist residents.
Ability to stand for prolonged periods.
Ability to use equipment competently.
Ability to respond to emergencies, i.e. resident choking, evacuation of residents and visitors in the event of fire.
Ability to push medication cart down hallway without assistance.
LPN License required.
Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
High School diploma or GED preferred.
One (1) year working in a care-giving capacity, prior medication management experience and supervisory experience desired.
Must have demonstrated leadership skills and ability to multi-task.
Must have the required references and criminal record check.
Must have the required annual Tuberculosis (TB) testing and Annual Health Assessment in accordance with New York State Regulations.
Location: North Tonawanda, New York, US
Posted Date: 5/10/2019
Click Here to Apply