Denver, CO, United States
# of Openings: 1
Category: Food and Beverage
Position Type: Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa, Autograph Collection, synonymous with extraordinary service since 1892, invites you to join a new level of luxury Downtown Denver hotels. Home to a collection of 241 distinct guestrooms and suites, the hotel also boasts six unique restaurants and bars, a boutique spa and nearly 20,000 square feet of meeting space, making the Brown Palace as appropriate for an adventurous jetsetter as it is for a corporate-minded CEO.
In addition to being a part of one of the most historic hotels in Denver, team members will enjoy many additional perks of working at the Brown Palace Hotel and Spa. These perks include discounted RTD Eco Pass, free employee meals, discounts on services/F&B at the hotel and Friends and Family hotel room discounts. Come learn more about joining our team!
Lead Banquet team in the serving of guests during banquet functions to ensure positive guest experience.
- Check server and house person Banquet Event Orders (BEO) to ensure that all information is accurate.
- Check room set-up to see that BEO directions are completely followed. Ensure that all public areas are neat and clean.
- Make contact with group representatives. Explain how to make contact if needed throughout function.
- Communicate all BEO changes to catering office and affected departments.
- Coordinate with banquet staff set-ups, changes and time schedules for all functions.
- Operate as a banquet server; setting-up, greeting and serving the guest and breaking-down the function.
- Inspect banquet areas at end of function to ensure all equipment is returned to its proper area and all areas are clean.
- Recap all banquet checks at end of each day and turn in to Night Audit.
- Know the menu for each function served and be able to explain the major ingredients and preparation method for each item to be served.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- Hotel experience preferred.
- Superior communication skills to provide information and associated services to hotel management and guests.
- Knowledge of hotel operations, including marketing plans, security and safety programs, personnel and labor relations, preparation of business plans, repairs, maintenance, budget forecasting, quality assurance programs, hospitality law, and long-range planning.
- Ability to work effectively under time constraints and deadlines.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public etc.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical, Dental and Vision insurance programs geared to you and your family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your financial wellness, HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life insurance as well as Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Location: Denver, Colorado, US
Posted Date: 5/13/2019
Click Here to Apply
The Brown Palace Hotel & Spa