Founded in 2002, Galileo operates summer day camp programs at 70+ locations throughout the Bay Area, SoCal, and Chicago. Our mission is to develop innovators who envision and create a better world, and we reach this mission through employment of our unique pedagogy, the Galileo Innovation Approach.
We’re ranked #1 for Best Places to Work in the Bay Area by the SF Business Times (and been on the list for ten consecutive years!), and were named one of Forbes’ Best Small Companies. Being a Galileo Camp Director means joining an organization that is a model of innovative learning, with a company-wide commitment to inclusion and broadening our impact.
We value divergent thinkers who bring various experiences and viewpoints to the table at Galileo. We strongly encourage members of underrepresented groups and people of diverse backgrounds to apply.
CAMP DIRECTOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
Most Camp Directors have full-time jobs during the school year, and commit ~15 hours each week to their Camp Director role pre-camp (January-May/June), with 3-4 additional weekends of training. As summer rolls around, Directors work 55-65 hours each week during camp (and most camps run 5-8 weeks). Review the Camp Director yearly timeline (www.galileo-camps.com/files/uploads/Galileo_TypicalCampDirectorYear_2017.pdf) for more details.
• Master operations, nurture staff, and craft your camp culture to ensure campers have their most magical summers ever.
• Hire, train, supportively manage, and collaborate with a team of anywhere from 5-50+ summer staff.
• Actively evaluate staff potential—both strengths and areas of growth—and thoughtfully push your team to greatness.
• Leverage existing training and resources to masterfully manage your time and responsibilities.
• Work closely with your manager to create and build partnerships: local marketing and recruiting efforts, plus host school and camper family relationships.
• Innovation education, youth empowerment, and creating safe, inclusive spaces all speak to the heart of who you are.
• You're an experienced, creative, fun-loving educator.
• As a relationship-builder and mentor, you measure your own success in large part by the success of those around you
• You’re an organized, problem-solving manager.
• You’re ready to grow.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
• College graduate or equivalent work experience
• Experience working with K-8th grade children
• Demonstrated leadership experience (staff hiring and management experience a plus)
• Ability to work part-time January through May/June (~15 hours per week), and full-time in summer
• Camp experience is a bonus, though not required
To learn more and apply, visit our website at https://campdirector-galileo.icims.com/jobs/10495/summer-program-director%2c-multiple-chicago-area-cities-%282020%29/job?mode=job&iis=online&iisn=SummerJobs+com
How To Apply
Ready to work hard, play hard, inspire, and contribute?
Galileo is currently accepting applications for over 1,200 summer positions. Our hiring process is competitive, and positions fill quickly on a rolling basis.
APPLY TODAY at http://www.galileo-camps.com/jobs/summer-jobs/