Denver, CO, United States
# of Openings: 1
Position Type: Regular Part-Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The Brown Palace Hotel and Spa, Autograph Collection, synonymous with extraordinary service since 1892, invites you to join a new level of luxury Downtown Denver hotels. Home to a collection of 241 distinct guestrooms and suites, the hotel also boasts six unique restaurants and bars, a boutique spa and nearly 20,000 square feet of meeting space, making the Brown Palace as appropriate for an adventurous jetsetter as it is for a corporate-minded CEO.
In addition to being a part of one of the most historic hotels in Denver, team members will enjoy many additional perks of working at the Brown Palace Hotel and Spa. These perks include discounted RTD Eco Pass, free employee meals, discounts on services/F&B at the hotel and Friends and Family hotel room discounts. Come learn more about joining our team!
Assist the Hotel Departments in their purchasing needs, while monitoring hotel spending.
- Monitor the grades and quality of products received to ensure that they meet the hotel's established standards.
- Assist in unloading delivery trucks and compare received products to packing lists to ensure that deliveries are complete.
- Ensure that every item included in a received shipment is organized and stored in its proper place.
- Maintain work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follow prescribed safety regulations.
- Maintain HEI Hotels and Resorts purchasing programs and arrangements. Ensure adherence to all corporate purchasing policies and procedures such as requisition process.
- Personally check and ensure appropriate levels of inventories are maintained to minimize waste and maximize ratio turnover.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Hotel experience preferred.
- Must be able to lift more than 30 pounds
- Must have full knowledge of food, beverage, general and printing products and purchasing procedures.
- Basic mathematical and computer skills to order items and track deliveries.
- Ability to apply basic supervisory skills to plan, organize, direct, coach, train and discipline associates, as necessary.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public etc.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical, Dental and Vision insurance programs geared to you and your family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your financial wellness, HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life insurance as well as Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Location: Denver, Colorado, US
Posted Date: 7/12/2019
Click Here to Apply
The Brown Palace Hotel & Spa