If you love kids and enjoy being outside, we want to talk to you! Our training week will provide you with the hard and soft skills you need to succeed in this position.
We are seeking instructors that can:
Live Environmentally Connected
The CORE Responsibilities of an Instructor:
- Provide age and developmentally- appropriate instruction in mountain biking, rock climbing, kayaking, canoeing, SUPing, Leave No Trace principles, and team building
- Co-lead an activity group of up to 13 campers through outdoor adventures
- Serve as a role model and guide campers in appropriate behavior, attitudes, and activities
- Co-lead activities on or off-site (dependent on camper age group and program)
- Organize and participate in camp programming, ranging from outdoor sports to camp games and rituals
- Provide exceptional customer service to parents and all participants in our programs
- Be a member of a dynamic staff team and take an active role in the evaluation of campers, programs, and staff
- Training starts in mid-May. Camp programs run through mid-August.
- Work week: Monday - Friday, about 40 hours/week
- Rates start at $14.77/hour. Please visit our website for our full compensation rubric, including hourly rates and experience additives at https://avid4.com/jobs/compensation.
- Public transportation reimbursement to/from camp
- Free access to Avid4 gear during non-camp hours
- Minimum 19 years of age and a sincere passion for working with kids
- First Aid and CPR prior to the start of camp (Staff with Wilderness First Aid or higher do receive additional compensation)
- Personal experience in at least one of our core sports: mountain biking, rock climbing, paddling or hiking.
- Staff that are 21+ years of age will be required to drive 15 passenger vans with trailers (stellar training will be provided).