Job ID: 53460256
Position Title: Summer Camp Nurse- Room and Board included!
Company Name: JCC Maccabi Sports Camp
Entry Level: NO
Min Education: BA/BS/Undergraduate
Min Experience: 1-2 Years
Required Travel: None
Position: Camp Nurse
Organization: JCC Maccabi Sports Camp
Location: Menlo College in Atherton, CA
Dates: June 14 - July 27, 2020
Compensation: $1000 - 1250 per week, plus room & board
The Camp Nurse is the lead medical professional on the camp staff, responsible for managing the Health Center and handling any and all medical related situations that arise. The most common ailments and injuries include: allergies, colds, coughs, sore throats, stomach pains, sprains, strains, muscle soreness, bruises, cuts, cramps, and fractures. Campers or staff members with serious ailments/injuries are transported to the local urgent care facility or hospital by camp staff.
Camp Nurses are responsible for distribution of approved prescription and over-the-counter medications to our campers, which require that a nurse be in the Health Center during certain times of day (before breakfast, lunch, dinner, and at bed times.)
The Medical Team, which include a Camp Nurse and an Athletic Trainer, is very much a part of the overall staff and is encouraged to become part of our community, though they are also encouraged to have and enjoy their personal time when not needed for medical reasons.
If you have sports-minded children of appropriate camp age (entering grades 3-11), they would be welcome to join camp as campers.
This is a seasonal, temporary position and preference will be given to applicants who are able to commit to the full camp season, June 14 - July 27, 2020. Shorter terms will be considered. Competitive salary is based on experience. It is required that Camp Nurses live on campus for the duration of their contract, and room and board is included as part of compensation.
- Serve as the primary health care professional of the camp
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the camp Health Center including set up, organization, ordering supplies, communication with staff, etc.
- Reviewing camper medical records before campers arrive
- Administer approved prescription medication to campers and staff
- Supervise camper visits to Health Center and keep necessary medical records (computer based MAR documentation)
- Chaperone, as necessary, trips to local hospital or urgent care facility for more serious injuries and ailments
- Work in conjunction with Athletic Trainers
- Make parent phone calls regarding camper medical issues
- Provide training to camp staff on Health Center procedures, illness and injury prevention, and other topics as necessary
- On call overnight responsibilities in tandem with Camp Director
- Live in residence at camp in Atherton, California on the campus of Menlo College during staff training, summer camp, and post camp wrap-up (June 14 - July 27). Shorter contracts will be considered.
- Position requires a valid RN, NP or MD license in the state of California and some pediatric experience.
- Current CPR and First Aid training
- Driver's license, clean driving record, and ability to drive campers, as needed, to off-site medical facilities
- Ability to work as both part of a team and independently, and manage projects and team members. Able to maintain a friendly, upbeat, encouraging attitude throughout a full work day.
- Excellent organization, communication, and people skills
- Detail oriented. Able to keep accurate and detailed records of supplies and equipment
Location: Atherton, California, US
Posted Date: 3/14/2020
JCC Maccabi Sports Camp