Location: Idaho Springs, CO
Schedule: Seasonal Full Time
Pay Rate: $15.00/hr., + $0.60 -1.50/hr. Monthly Sales Bonus if goals are met, up to 10% end-of-season bonus
Why not work for the best adventure guide company in the state of Colorado. AVA has several locations that all offer their own unique opportunities and activities (so much more than rafting and ziplining). Employees enjoy consistent work where they help make lifetime memories for their guests every day. The good times don't stop on your days off as AVA employees can experience any of our activities they want for free or even rent out company equipment on their own free of charge.
Our positive and energetic culture have led countless co-workers to friends and memories that last a lifetime. There are even opportunities for year-round employment through our sister companies, Breckenridge Ski & Sport and Peak 1 Express. What are you waiting for? Adventure awaits.
- Up to 10% End of Season Bonus
- Monthly Sales Bonuses
- Free Adventure Trips with AVA
- Free Shared Shuttle Services with Peak 1 Express
- Free Ski, Snowboard and Bike Rentals with Breckenridge Ski & Sport
- Year-round work opportunities available through AVA, Peak 1 Express and Breckenridge Ski & Sport
- Health Insurance & 401(k) offered to full-time, year-round employees
- Rec Center Access offered at Idaho Springs Location
- Employee Campground offered at Buena Vista Location
- ProForm Deals Available to All Employees
- Discounts for Friends & Family on AVA Adventure Trips
- Discounts for Friends & Family on Peak 1 Express Services
Job Overview: Acting as the first point of contact for our guests, Guest Service Staff provide exemplary customer service and a world class AVA experience from time of check-in to the end their adventure. The Guest Service Lead will be expected to be a roaming sales representative. They will be out on the retail floor actively selling our retail items to guests as well as answering any guest questions. They will also be the first point of contact for guest service issues.
Overall Job Duties:
- Be out on the retail floor assisting guests
- Actively selling retail items
- Monitoring stock on display
- Communicating/assigning replenishment tasks to available staff
- Actively replenishing stock when appropriate
- Effectively engage guests as they check-in or return from a trip to create sales opportunities – then pass them along to sales clerk
- Be primary sales contact for post trip photo sales
- Deliver exemplary guest service to satisfy and surpass guest expectations and to ensure a world-class experience.
- Accept and complete tasks - both routine and non-routine - in a timely manner as assigned by Asst. Manager or Manager
- Work with awareness of job requirements and daily task lists and maintain motivation to complete said tasks
- Able to fulfill all job requirements in a very fast-paced environment and keep a calm demeanor in said environment
- Maintain positive attitude and sense of humor during long and busy work shifts
- Communicate well with all co-workers and management
- Lead staff – assign appropriate tasks as defined by Guest Services Manager
- Become proficient at using POS system for ringing up retail sales for when another cashier is not available
- Become proficient at using reservation system for ringing up and checking rafting, lodging and activity sales when another cashier is not available
- When another cashier is not available ring up sales with accuracy to maintain a cash drawer
- Complete end of day financial close for POS system
- Employ strong sales skills and proactive demeanor to achieve photo and retail sales
When not directly engaging guests pre- or post-trip:
- Clean all Outpost facilities, including offices, retail space, guests and employee bathrooms, changing rooms
- Pick up trash around the Outpost
- Maintain tidy retail inventory throughout the day including sorting, folding, restocking.
- With assistance of managers, accept and tag new inventory
- Maintain organized inventory storage and back-stock
- Assist in maintaining and cleaning grounds, including but not limited to weeding, watering flowers, removing trash, cleaning campground and fire pits.
- Take vested interest in retail sales
- Prepare reports for day-of or next-day trips
- Help fit wet suits and jackets when necessary
- Understand and exemplify AVA core values, vision and mission
- Strong understanding of guest service.
- Customer Service/Communication Skills
- Completion of High School level education or higher.
If you are interested in joining the AVA Team this summer, then please apply today! AVA strives to deliver the very highest level of guest service while bringing awareness and understanding of the surrounding wilderness to our guests. As leaders in our industry, we set examples in safety, professionalism, outdoor skills and guest service, while providing low-impact environmental recreation. Apply Today!
AVA Rafting & Zipline is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
How To Apply
Fill out an online application: https://www.coloradorafting.net/about-us/employment/
AVA Employees enjoy a wide variety of perks, including:
Free Rafting, Ziplining, Climbing, and more
Discounts for friends and family
End of season bonus
Year-round work opportunities with AVA's sister companies
& much more!
|Contact||Christina & Kelly
AVA Rafting & Zipline