Live Environmentally Connected
At Avid4, we embrace inclusion, diversity, justice, and equity, and we acknowledge that the outdoor/adventure education industry has been and remains a space dominated by white privilege and those from a higher socio-economic status. We are actively working to improve diversity and inclusion both within Avid4 Adventure and in the outdoor industry! Visit our Inclusivity page to learn more about our commitment and progress.
- Provide age and developmentally-appropriate outdoor instruction
- Independently instruct our outdoor skills curriculum (navigation, cooking, wildlife info, shelter building, etc.), LNT, biking, games & yoga in & around someone's home
- Serve as a role model and guide campers with appropriate behavior, attitudes, and activities
- Independently lead activities at designated recreational areas
- Provide safe, quality programs by following Avid4 Adventure and regulatory guidelines on the health and safety of all participants.
- Provide exceptional customer service to parents and all participants in our programs
Be a member of a dynamic staff team and take an active role in the evaluation of campers, programs, and staff
- Job dates: Training starts in late May. Camp programs run through mid-August. For specific dates and details on each location & program, please click here.
- Work week: Monday - Friday, about 40 hours/week. You will be working with campers from 9am - 3pm but there will be additional paid hours required for a weekly staff meeting and pre-camp calls/lesson planning.
- Starts at $19.34/hour. Please visit our website for our full compensation rubric, including hourly rates and experience additives at https://avid4.com/jobs/compensation.
About Avid4 Adventure
Founded in the heartland of outdoor adventure, Boulder, Colorado, Avid4 Adventure has been activating kids' outdoor genes for over 15 years through our summer camp programs. We lead campers on adventures that include climbing, biking, paddling, hiking and more! With a mission of empowering kids to choose active outdoor lifestyles, our programs are designed to launch kids into a lifetime of outdoor adventure. We believe that our environment and our people are just as important as profit and we are proud to be a Certified B Corp.
- Must be at least 19 years of age by the start of camp.
- Must share our passion for inspiring kids to get outside and away from screens!
- Must have reliable personal transportation to get to and from the camper family home and transport a bike and program supplies (small bin).
- 1+ year of experience working with groups of school-aged kids through volunteering, school, babysitting, etc. and have the knowledge/ability to teach our outdoor curriculum.