Science Matters in America is looking for experienced Summer Camp Teachers to come join our team. Science Matters in America is the best provider of STEM enrichment programs. We provide school clubs, summer camps, classroom demonstrations, and assemblies.
Science Matters in America is hiring Summer Camp Teachers (20-40 hours per week!)
Responsibilities of a Summer Camp Teacher
- Teach K-5th grade students in a summer camp location around the Denver Metro Area. Sites are at schools, recreation centers, and other local facilities.
- Available 20-40 hours per week for 6 weeks between May-August.
- Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Teach meaningful STEM through Teacher Demos, Games, Hands-on Experiments and Science Literacy
- Create a fun hands on CAMP experience for students
- Looking for Camp Directors, Teachers and Helpers
Qualifications of a Summer Camp Teacher
- Love of learning and working with students
- Enthusiastic about teaching STEM
- Has Camp experience - songs, cheers, games
- Experience working with students (can be volunteer work)
- Effective classroom management skills
- Energetic, punctual, and very dependable
- Must have reliable transportation
- CPR and First Aid certification required
Benefits of a Summer Camp Teacher
- Pay starts at $18 per hour. Helpers $15 per hour
- Room for growth - pay increases available
- Paid training available (~15 hours a year)
- Supplies and curriculum provided
- Own kids can go for free or discounted rates!
For more information, check out our website at www.sciencematters.tv
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
- Masks are required for all teachers and campers. Disinfecting classroom at the end each day is required
Location: Denver, Colorado, US
Posted Date: 3/31/2021
Science Matters In America