Req No. 2021-7349
We are seeking a talented Vendor Risk Management/Procurement Intern to work directly with the Manager of Vendor Risk Management and Director of Procurement. This role will have the opportunity to understand how third-party vendors help CO-OP operate, as well as experience the risk and due diligence activities behind the scenes that are necessary to manage those ongoing vendor relationships.
What You Can Look Forward to
- In partnership with the Manager of Vendor Risk Management, design a variety of processes, including the tracking of regulatory documents expiry and creation of templates requesting updated information from these vendors.
- Develop a plan for the eventual decommissioning of a database used throughout the organization by understanding data ownership, how the tool is being used by different teams, and impacts of sunsetting the tool.
- Gain experience using a vendor risk management tool, assisting with data clean-up and quality efforts.
- Develop a vendor outreach calendar for collection of artifacts of regulatory requirements (such as, Payment Card Industry, Attestation of Compliance, and Service Organization Control).
- Gain experience interacting with internal stakeholders and external stakeholders.
- Gain experience interacting with third party vendors.
- Assist and learn about the planning, design and reporting results of vendor program.
- Perform quality assurance, including ensuring all due diligence material is provided timely and is current.
- Actively supports our CO-OP culture and embraces our core values of Work as Partners, Communicate Openly and Honestly, Demonstrate Excellence and Champion Change in all interactions.
What You'll Need to Succeed
- 3 years undergraduate degree completed at college/university or equivalent experience.
- Experienced Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook and Excel).
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong time management and project management skills.
- The ability to work as part of a team demonstrated through involvement with student organizations, community involvement, work experience, or other activities.
Why Join CO-OP?
You will be part of an organization that focuses on a strong culture and embodies the credit union movement philosophy of People Helping People. CO-OP's commitment to reflecting our own core values and purpose extends beyond how we serve our clients and the products that we deliver. We are committed to understanding, attracting and engaging a diverse workforce where every employee can live up to their value; ensuring that our employee base reflects the consumers we serve. The result of this effort is an inclusive environment where diverse talent thrives.
With more than 35 years of industry leadership, CO-OP Financial Services is the largest, most comprehensive credit union service organization in the nation. CO-OP serves as THE credit union technology engine, bringing payments solutions, engagement services and strategic counsel to help credit unions optimize member experiences to consistently provide seamless, personalized multi-channel offerings, while delivering secure, sophisticated fraud mitigation service.
CO-OP serves more than 3,000 client credit unions, with 60 million debit and credit cardholders, nearly 30,000 surcharge-free ATMs and more than 5,600 shared branches nationwide. Our vast technological ecosystem facilitates more than 6.5 billion transactions every year and equips credit unions of all sizes to deepen member engagement and prosper in the fast-paced world of fintech.
- The opportunity to join a nationwide, fast-growing organization.
- Gain real world experience working on projects alongside full-time employees as well as other interns.
- Learn about the financial technology industry and how your work will impact credit union members across the country.
- Connect with other interns through learning opportunities and other fun events.
- Explore your interests and potential career path with job shadow options.
- Gain skills and experience that will make you a highly marketable candidate in the future.
- Regular touchpoints with internship coordinators to discuss progress, goals, and future career.
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, California, US
Posted Date: 4/4/2021
CO-OP Financial Services