The job in a nutshell.
You will be responsible for a stable group of 10-15 campers (as determined by local regs.), consisting of siblings, friends and kids of similar ages whenever possible. These groups will stay the same for a week at a time, and at some camp locations, for the entire session -- think of each like a “mini-camp” within a larger camp. During the camp day, each group will have their own indoor space and set of equipment, allowing campers to immerse themselves in activities of interest, as well as try new activities individually or with the group. Media lab, sewing, crochet, drawing, games and blocks are just some of the activities kids will be able to explore. Campers and staff will also have time to be outdoors as a group (while maintaining social distance from other groups). Outdoor activities will include free play, workshops, and shows, and we’ll also rent outrageous recreational equipment to add some variety, like mini-golf or laser tag (which will be sanitized between groups).
If you answer yes to all of the questions below, definitely apply now.
- Do you appreciate and agree with our self-directed approach for kids?
- Are you comfortable leading groups of kids on your own, but also working with and being accountable to a team?
- Do you have the stamina to keep up (literally) with 4-12 yr. olds bursting with energy and creative potential? And, can you bench press a kindergartener (just kidding -- can you lift up to 30 lbs)?
- Are you serious about having fun, willing to work hard but also let loose when the time calls for it?
- Are you committed to helping us keep Camp safe from COVID? This summer, we will be requiring that staff undergo temperature checks and other health measures, such as wearing masks, to protect themselves and our Camp community from COVID-19. We will also ask you to keep everyone safe by complying with any federal, state and local laws and regulations regarding COVID-19 both in your life at Camp and outside of Camp. And the Camp will be complying, too, which means that we will need to reserve the right to close Camp or any portion of it at any point in the summer we feel it is necessary to do so.
Please read this doc (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YFwUmE47gpxC6qYTa_X9CmEi2prxxWqI/view) for additional details regarding Steve & Kate seasonal staff responsibilities and requirements
Even if you’re new to working with kids or don’t have experience in our specific programs, if you’re motivated to learn, we’ll get you up to speed with our paid training and development program.
How To Apply
|Contact||Callie Rae McCarthy
Steve & Kate's Camp