The Camp Counselor/Child Care Coach is responsible for providing the highest quality experience and safe care to the children of members and guests during all child care/ children's camp sessions. Providing supervision and instructing attendees by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties and responsibilities are given as examples of the various types of work performed in this position. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned.
- Ensures the safety of the children at all times by checking all children continually.
- Supervises and entertains all children in Camp Programs in the safest manner and in compliance with the highest standards of care.
- Ensures that all equipment function properly and do not present safety or infection hazards to children and removes any equipment or furniture that is broken or present an actual or potential hazard to children.
- Is aware of ages and skill levels of all campers and is able to adjust any activity to suit all campers without proper notice.
- Ensures the safety of all participants, including ensuring that all practice areas are free of hazards and that materials and equipment are in safe working order.
- Maintains a positive attitude, patience and adaptability in order to work through any situation.
- Returns and cleans all equipment used to its correct storage place after completion of camp along with keeping the camp room picked up and cleaned.
- Motivates all campers to their potential through individualized instruction while creating a fun environment.
- Understands and initiates the emergency procedures for evacuation of the Camp Program areas and procedures for lost, missing or abducted children.
This list of responsibilities may not be all-inclusive and can be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as needed without prior notice.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Experience working with children required; or any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Must be certified in infant, child, and adult CPR and automated external defibrillator (AED) before assuming the position; or any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each area of responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
- Must demonstrate the ability to support and contribute to community team.
- Must be creative, intuitive, and posses' skills necessary to create child friendly activities, daily calendar of events, and programs to be utilized during Camp Programs.
- Must have the ability to effectively operate telephone, personal computer, fax machine, other various office equipment, and software/programs (i.e. Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing and establish and maintain effective working relationships with applicants, company staff, and the general public.
- Must be well organized with the ability to prioritize and multi-task with strong attention to detail.
- Must have skills necessary to complete records and reports daily for Camp Programs.
- Must have a strong orientation to customer service and have exceptional skills in working cooperatively with others.
Location: Waynesburg, Pennsylvania, US
Posted Date: 6/5/2021