Legrand North America
HR Intern (Summer)
Canonsburg, PA, United States
Title: HR Intern (Summer)
Number of Positions: 1
At a Glance
Legrand has an exciting opportunity for an Human Resources Intern (Summer) to join the DPC Starline Team in Canonsburg, PA.
What Will You Do?
Role: The Human Resources (HR) Intern will support the administration of the day-to-day operations of the Human Resources function.
Main Job Duties:
o Communicate to internal and external customers with a high level of professionalism, confidentiality, and diplomacy. Process employee requests and provide relevant information.
o Perform a variety of administrative functions, including organization, maintaining records and files (soft and hard copies), copying, scanning, faxing, and express mailings, meeting minutes, electronic mail, or reports.
o Create tickets through Dovetail ticketing software system and follow up on tickets with HR Operations team to ensure completion in a timely manner.
o Perform file audits to ensure that all required employee documentation is collected and maintained.
o Assist with yearly training coordination and content distribution.
o Provide support for hourly staffing process to create a talent pipeline. Open jobs in the on-line recruiting tool, review and disposition applicants for hiring managers, and handle interview coordination.
o Identify and source suitable candidates for available open positions by making connections with area trade schools, universities, outreach programs, etc.
o Assist with group job offers and the scheduling, coordination, and delivery of new hire orientation.
o Assist with processing data and paperwork for new hires/employee changes and I-9 verifications.
o Assist in projects, such as, recognition events, engagement activities, employee communications, etc., partnering with the HR team.
o Proactively offer suggestions for process improvements, efficiency, and cost reductions.
o Participate in special projects or tasks as assigned.
o Perform other duties as assigned by management.
· Must be actively enrolled in an accredited college or university, pursuing a bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field. Preferably a rising junior or senior.
· Previous work experience in some capacity preferred.
· Experience working in a manufacturing or office environment is helpful, but not required.
· Familiarity with HRIS and ATS systems are a plus.
· Able to work 40 hours a week throughout the summer in an open, shared office environment. This position will also require exposure to the manufacturing areas, which require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, steel toed shoes, and mandatory hearing protection.
· Continuously exhibits personal integrity and can maintain a high level of confidentiality.
· Must have excellent customer service and communication skills with an ability to follow through and respond to requests with a high degree of accuracy, timeliness, and professionalism.
· Intermediate computer skills, specifically Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook); comfortable with technology.
· Demonstrate curiosity and an eagerness to learn.
· Must be dependable, accountable, and able to meet established deadlines while juggling multiple priorities.
Representing more than 150 years of innovation, Legrand is the global specialist in electrical and digital building infrastructures. Our purpose is improving lives by transforming the spaces where people live, work and meet with electrical and digital infrastructures and connected solutions that are simple, innovative and sustainable. Every day, over 39,000 Legrand employees work hard to enhance the buildings of tomorrow. Legrand is a global, publicly traded company listed on the Euronext (Legrand SA EPA: LR) with revenue of 7 billion, and products sold in 180 countries. For more information, visit www.legrandgroup.com/en
About Legrand North and Central America
Legrand North and Central America (LNCA) employs over 6,500 associates in 50 locations, working across six divisions/sector: Audio Visual, Building Controls Systems, Data Power and Controls, Electrical Wiring Systems, and Lighting. We hold a leading position in every North American market we serve and focus on exceeding our customers' needs within the commercial, residential, and industrial industries. LNCA offers comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage, as well as distinctive benefits like a high employer 401K match, above-benchmark paid maternity and parental leave, paid time off to volunteer, and an active/growing Employee Resource Group network. LNCA is an employee-centered, growing company with tremendous opportunity. For more information, visit legrand.us
About Legrand's Data Center Power and Control Division
The industry-leading brands of Approved Networks, Ortronics, Raritan, Server Technology, and Starline empower Legrand's Data, Power & Control to produce innovative solutions for data centers, building networks, and facility infrastructures. Our division designs, manufactures, and markets world-class products for a more productive and sustainable future. The exceptional reliability of our technologies results from decades of proven performance and a dedication to research and development.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Location: Canonsburg, Pennsylvania, US
Posted Date: 3/15/2023
Legrand North America