Colorado Center For Reproductive Medicine
Research Department Summer Intern
Research Laboratory Summer Intern
CCRM is an industry leading pioneer infertility science, research and advancement, offering access to national network of award-winning physicians, a full suite of fertility services, innovative technology and cutting edge labs. We are looking for candidates who wish to further their education in reproductive research; whether it be in embryology, cell culture, or practicing advanced molecular techniques. This internship is at the Lone Tree, CO location in the Research Department. Candidates are expected to commit 9-12 weeks to the program (standard 40h/week schedule). Candidates must have a reliable transportation method. This is a paid position of $24/hour but does not include additional assistance for housing.
Responsibilities depend upon the individuals selected for the internship but interns can expect to be an active part of the research team during their time here; learning protocols, assisting with various projects, and potentially running their own experiments.
- Undergoing studies in a Bachelor of Science degree in Animal Sciences, Biology, Cell and Molecular Sciences or a related field is required.
- Strong microscope and basic laboratory skills (pipetting, sample & media preparation, handling of cells and/or embryos) are essential.
- Strong computer skills, ability to use basic office equipment. Knowledge of computer data base programs with data entry system experience required.
- Strong ability to follow procedures and protocols is essential.
- Must be organized with a strong ability to multi-task, prioritize, have strong attention to detail, and a strong ability to utilize time efficiently.
- Must have a strong ability to act independently as well as be able to work effectively in a team.
- Must consistently display a positive attitude and flexibility in changing situations.
- Maintain confidentiality of all work information including strict confidentiality for all patient and clinic information, consistent with established security and confidentiality policies and HIPAA regulations at all times.
This job operates in a professional office and clinical setting with frequent use of medical instrumentation and equipment, supplies and material. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, including computer keyboards and mice; telephones, photocopiers, scanners, and filing cabinets.
The duties of this position involves an inherent potential for mucous membrane or skin contact with blood, body fluids or tissues or a potential for spills and splashes from them. Appropriate protective measures are required for every employee engaged in these tasks. The duties of this position also involve occasionally exerting 75 pounds of force, and/or up to 35 pounds of force frequently.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, see, and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; will occasionally sit and/or walk; use hands and fingers to grasp, pick, pinch, type; and reach with arms and hands. Employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; operation of standard office machines and equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
CCRM is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of Race, Color, Religion, Creed, National Origin, Ancestry, Sex, Pregnancy, Age, Sexual Orientation (including transgender status), Physical or Mental Disability, Marriage to a Co-Worker, or for anyone engaging in Protected Activity (opposing a discriminatory practice or participating in an employment discrimination proceeding). Additionally, this employer does not tolerate any employees engaging in discriminatory behavior based on any of the aforementioned protected classes.
All offers of employment by this employer are conditional upon the incumbent’s successful completion of pre-employment screenings, including a criminal background check, drug screen, educational and prior employment verification, professional reference checks, and verification of the incumbent’s eligibility and authorization to work in the United States.
This employer participates in the E-Verify Program in order to verify the identity and work authorization of all newly hired employees.
Location: Lone Tree, Colorado, US
Posted Date: 3/18/2023
Colorado Center For Reproductive Medicine