Associate Software Engineer - Summer Intern (Remote)
Covetrus is a global animal-health technology and services company dedicated to empowering veterinary practice partners to drive improved health and financial outcomes. We're bringing together products, services, and technology into a single platform that connects our customers to the solutions and insights they need to work best. Our passion for the well-being of animals and those who care for them drives us to advance the world of veterinary medicine. Covetrus has more than 5,000 employees, serving over 100,000 customers around the globe.
This role can be remote.
Associate Software Engineer - Summer Intern
We are seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual to join our team as a Summer Intern - Associate Software Engineer. This is an opportunity for you to gain valuable experience in the software development field and work alongside experienced professionals in the industry.
As an Intern Associate Software Engineer, you will be responsible for assisting with the design, development, and maintenance of software applications, as well as testing and debugging software. You will also have the opportunity to work with a range of technologies, including Java, Spring and AWS.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with the development of software applications.
- Collaborate with team members to design, develop, and maintain software applications
- Participate in code reviews and testing of software applications
- Debugging and troubleshooting software issues
- Document software design, coding, and testing activities
- Participate in team meetings and contribute to the team's success
- Enrolled in a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field
- Familiarity with the Java programming language
- Understanding of software development tools and technologies such as IDEs, databases, frameworks
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to new technologies
- A passion for software development and technology
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Normal office environment with extensive use of computer.
Covetrus is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Jobs that are in Colorado:
If you are a Colorado applicant, you are eligible to receive information about the salary range and benefits for this role. Please contact email@example.com
Location: Orono, ME, US
Posted Date: 5/25/2023